The download size is larger but its worth it for the full text indexing feature.
Detailed instructions can be found at:
- Install SQL Server Express Advanced
- Make sure that you include the installation of Full-text Search(not included by default)
- Disable user instances, either by unchecking it at setup or by running
sp_configure ‘user instances enabled’,0
- Make sure your database has full-text search enabled, by checking the “use full-text indexing” in the “Create new database” window or by accessing the properties window for an existing dabase, Going to “Files” and checking the “use full-text indexing” option
- With your database active, run
CREATE FULLTEXT CATALOG MyFullTextCatalog
to create a full-text catalog.
- Make sure that the tables that you want to be indexed under full-text search have a unique, non-nullable index
- Create your unique indexes as follows:
CREATE FULLTEXT INDEX ON Production.ProductReview(Comments)KEY INDEX ui_ProductReview ON MyFullTextCatalogWITH CHANGE_TRACKING AUTO
If you run into trouble check the article link I supplied above there is a lot of info there and a link to a step by step video